Sunday, December 12, 2010

Angle Says Foe Revealed '97 Arrest

In light of Ron Angle Jrs. Shop-lifting Arrest --> Check out this 97 Article

"Northampton County Councilman Ron Angle defended himself Thursday against revelations that he pleaded guilty to reckless driving and disorderly conduct following a shoplifting arrest in 1997.
Wall Township, N.J., police Sgt. Eric Ertle confirmed the department arrested Angle in July 1997.

At the time, Angle was a member of the Bangor Area School Board. He was elected to County Council in 1999.
A brash politician known for hurling accusations at his political opponents, Angle has often called Democratic political opponents dishonest and corrupt.
According to media reports, Angle was arrested at a Monmouth County, N.J., outlet mall and charged with taking $125 in merchandise, and then fleeing in his vehicle. He paid $1,060 in fines.

He was not found guilty of shoplifting, but pleaded guilty to reckless driving and a charge similar to disorderly conduct.
Angle said he did not shoplift anything.

"I didn't take merchandise," Angle said. "I was charged with a whole raft of things … the end result is what are you guilty of … I was reckless driving, and I do agree I was disorderly."

Angle declined to discuss the details of what happened at the outlet mall or how he came to be arrested for shoplifting.

"Does it not sound bizarre? It was bizarre," Angle said. "The bottom line is what I was guilty of was reckless driving and being disorderly."
Angle, who faces Democrat Charles Dertinger in District 4 County Council election, blamed the disclosure on political opponents.

"There is no doubt in my mind Charlie Dertinger is involved in this … he ran a dirty campaign in 1999 and he will run a dirty campaign again,"Angle said.
Dertinger said he had nothing to do with revealing Angle's arrest and did not even know about it until contacted by reporters.

"I'm getting a little tired of him trying to blame me every time something goes wrong. I had nothing to do with it. He needs to take responsibility for his actions," Dertinger said. "He has made a career of making enemies rather than working with people, and he can't deal with it when it backfires."
"At this point he has become pathetic," Dertinger said.

Angle said he has learned his lesson.
"You can't get out of line, it doesn't matter what's wrong or what is going on," Angle said. "You can't get out of line. I had got out of line."
scott.kraus@mcall.com
610-559-2146"

4 comments:

  1. Who is the president of Northampton County Council, Ron Angle, or Bernie Madoff ?
    Sounds like they have similar problems.
    Greed, greed and more greed and trouble with a capital T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Angle said he learned his lesson
    " you can't get out of line". ????
    I guess he forgot he said that.I don't think there has been one meeting that I attended that he had stayed in line. Soon as he hears something that he doesn't like he goes balistic.
    It does not matter if you are a guest or a member of the council he treats you with disrespect. The first time I seen this action I was stunned, I could not believe that the public and members of the council would stand for such bad behavior from a grown man let alone there president. What a shame.
    Northampton county desevers better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last evening,I went to Boscov's to purchase a carry-on suitcase for one of my children. At the same time, I bought my dog a couple of Christmas presents: a small fuzzy blanket and a dog's pillow. Certainly, I could have fit the smaller items in the carry-on and approach the cashier. However, I would not even think of doing such a thing. And if I did, I would have then taken my 2 smaller items from the carry-on and would have given them to the cashier.
    This is common sense.Anyone who would attempt a shallow defense that a clerk or perhaps Elmer Fudd did not perform his duties correctly is really pulling at strings.
    Someone ought to help this poor kid out(no names mentioned) because he is not going to receive that type of counseling at home. There is no proper role model for him to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is time for Angle to leave, the state, the country and the planet.

    ReplyDelete